Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Mom, Are You Okay?

You know I’m not good in saying it out loud. You know me more than anyone else. And I know you so well too. I know when you’re not acting normal. So…
Mom, are you okay? You’ve been quiet this past few days. You weren’t talking much. You weren’t eating enough. You weren’t laughing as much as you used too.
So dumb of me to even ask, right? I know you’re not okay. But I just wanted to hear from you that you are. I just wanted you say it. Even though it’s all a lie.
Who am I kidding? I don’t want you to feel any less better. I want the best for you so please stop saying that you want the best for us. We know that already, okay? Right now, you need us. And we need you, Mom. So please let us do this for you. Let us be here for you this time.
I can feel your uncomfort and sadness everytime we talk about what you’re going through. I know you just wanted this to be over. We do, too. But more than that, we wanted you to be okay.
We will fight through this. We will fight with you. And we will win this. Because we’re strong. Be cause we can.
So let me ask it again…Mom, are you okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment