Saturday, August 4, 2012

The girl who loves Taylor Swift


Most people don’t know my name… but they know me as the girl who loves Taylor Swift.

It started when I saw a pretty girl in the magazine. I don’t really recognize her but I know it was fate. I know there was that connection. Maybe there’s the imaginary silver line between us.

I used to listen to “Teardrops on my guitar” but I never knew who sang it, let alone who wrote it. But when I heard the song “Love Story”, I could get my ears away from it. I used to call it as “the song about Romeo and Juliet”. It was the line “You’ll be the Prince and I’ll be the princess” that made me really, really fall n love with it. And the fact that she gave Romeo and Juliet’s story a happy ending is another thing to count.

After that, I learned a lot about her. It’s funny because when my classmates wanted to know something about her, they don’t Google it. They ask it straight to me. It’s crazy that whenever her name was mentioned, they’ll look at me like saying “we know you’re smiling inside”. But I don’t consider myself obsessed. Maybe I’m just dedicated. I’m loyal. How can’t I when she’s my role model.

She’s the best example of how a person should act. Maybe it was just a little off when it come to love. As she said, “I’m smart unless I’m in love.” Maybe, some people don’t like her because all she’d written in songs are things that happened to her. But that’s how she relates most to her fans. That’s how she makes the connections to the best fans in the world--- because she sings the things that every girl wanted to say. And every time, there’s always that one or two Taylor Swift song that best describe my current situation.

Another thing maybe is that I feel like I can see myself in her. Like her, I’ve been rejected. I’ve been called names. I’ve been in love with the person who can’t love me back. I’ve written poems, novels. I love country music.

I told myself, one day, I’ll be able to meet her. One day, I’ll go to Nashville. I even prepared what I’m going to say to her when that moment comes. I’ll put it in my pocket in case I’d be so dumdfounded. I had that little speech going about how she changed my life. How important she is to me.

It’s crazy to think I’m pretty in love in everything she does. I’m considering her songs as my personal anthems.

This may get like a novel if I continue. So more Taylor swift in my future posts. J




LoveLoveLove
-S-

No comments:

Post a Comment