Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Reckless Princess


I’m not literary a princess. I’m just someone who believes in fairytales, Prince Charmings, and happy endings… no matter how cheesy it may seem. I grew up believing I could be Cinderella, the girl who lost a pair of glass slippers but ended up marrying the Prince. Maybe I could be Cinderella. I’m still waiting for that time that I’ll lose something, and found my prince.


I grew up in a family where the so-called “happy ending” is a big issue. Everyone stays together in the end. But they were never happy. When I was younger, I used to think like them. That happy endings were not real. That it was just a myth. But didn’t that think that maybe it was just a far-fetched proposition. Maybe it was something that is only given to those who believe in it.

When everyone around me is going so cynical about happy endings, I continued to believe in it even more. I don’t care what they think because it’s something that makes me interested of life… believing that you can be happy in the end. 

Why would you care to wake up another day when you know things will get worse, right? Why would you bother to struggle through life when you know you’ll end up miserable?

Maybe I’m a little too optimist. Maybe I’m being a little too romantic too. That’s what others say. But I view life in a fairytale perspective. That all those good will be rewarded one day, and all those bad will always be defeated in the end.

Like in fairytales, there are always the bad guys, the witches, the evil step-mothers and sisters. There are always those people who wanted to ruin your day. They make your life worse with all the things they’re going to do to you.

In my world, witches are everywhere. But they do not use spells and poisonous apples. Instead, they act as friends, and then they’ll stab you at your back.
But antagonists make the story interesting, don’t they? They provide the conflict that everybody loves to read in a story.

But whatever.

I’m still a princess. With or without a prince. With or without a crown. J

LoveLoveLove,
-S-

No comments:

Post a Comment